AHBA Futurity Rules and Regulations
Breedings purchased in the 2018 AHBA Futurity Stallion Auction will need to be used in 2018 for the resulting foal to be eligible to participate in the AHBA Futurity classes. If a breeding cannot be used in 2018, the winning bidder will need to discuss options with that particular stallion owner. The resulting foal will NOT be eligible to compete in the AHBA Futurity classes but is eligible to compete in the Legacy Futurity classes.
STALLION NOMINATION PROCEDURE
In order to complete a nomination form for a AHBA Stallion, the "right holder" must provide the following:
1. A completed Stallion Disclosure/ Nomination form that includes all of the requested information.
2. A copy of the stallions AHRA registration certificate with ownership information to match information provided on Disclosure/Nomination form. In the event that ownership information does not match, additional documentation must be attached to explain the difference.
3. A check or credit card number for $500.00 (payable to the AHBA Futurity).
1. All names, a complete address, and telephone number(s) must be included for all persons involved in the leases sponsored stallions, partnerships, syndications, etc. of AHBA stallion. Any indebtedness to AHBA must be settled before the nomination will be accepted.
2. A service to all sponsored stallions must be made available to AHBA each year the stallion is in the program for use at the discretion of the auction committee.
3. The Stallion Owner must guarantee to AHBA that the minimum bid will be $1000 per nominated stallion. If the Stallion Owner also wants to participate wants to nominate a foal for the auction futurity class the minimum guarantee is increased to $2500. If the auction bid does not reach $2,500.00, the "Right Holder" is responsible to pay the difference in order to participate with a foal for the Futurity class. In this case, the buyer of the breeding will be allowed to participate, but the "Right Holder" will not.
The AHBA "right holder" is responsible for getting any and all information including program rules, nomination procedures, and forms to the proper person regarding all nominated stallions. A space is provided on the Disclosure/Nomination form if that person is a member.
MARE NOMINATION PROCEDURE FOR THE FUTURITY
If the minimum of $2500 is realized then each AHBA stallion "Right Holder" can nominate one foal sired by the nominated stallion per year by filling out this Mare Nomination Form
Each successful auction purchaser can nominate one foal sired by a nominated stallion per year by filling out this Nomination Form
All nomination forms must be post marked by December 31 of the auction/breeding year.
Resulting foals will be eligible to compete as yearlings in the specified futurity classes.
No fee is required to nominate a mare into program.
Only two nominations per stallion will be accepted each year: one each for the "Right Holder" and the Auction Purchaser if the $2500 sale level is achieved..
All mare nominations are valid only if all fees due to the AHBA Futurity have been paid (that is, all fees from the winning Auction Bidder and any fees due from the AHBA Futurity Stallion "Right Holder”)
MARE NOMINATION PROCEDURE FOR THE LEGACY FUTURITY
All AHBA Vegas Auction Legacy Classes are Amateur to Handle classes (ATH).
Only Officially Nominated yearlings and two year olds out of AHBA Nominated Stallions are eligible to participate
Any mare in foal to a AHBA Futurity Nominated Stallion can be nominated for the AHBA Futurity Legacy Classes by completed the Nomination Form and pay the $100 entry fee to AHBA. The mares must be officially nominated before Dec 31 of the breeding year for the foal to become eligible for the AHBA Futurity Legacy Classes.
Nominated foals for the AHBA Futurity Legacy Program will compete only as ATH Yearlings or Two year olds in the AHBA World Cup Las Vegas show. The Prize money for these Legacy classes will be provided from the Mare Nomination fees collected prior to the birth of the eligible foals and a small portion of the overall Station Auction payments.